Designed for DCs, CTs, Front Desk and Billing Staff. Work together to implement sound policies is this extra-challenging time!
Agenda for day:
7:00 am: Gates Open. Event Starts at 8:00 am
8:00 am - 11:45 am: Dr. Chris Anderson (4 CE DC/CT)
11:45 am - 12:15 pm: Break
12:15 pm - 4:00 pm: Dr. Ty Talcott (4 CE DC/CT)
| Dr. Chris Anderson|| || Dr. Ty Talcott|
8:00 am - 11:45 am: Let's Get Down to Business: Medicare Policies, Record Keeping, Documentation and Coding, Dr. Chris Anderson
The US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Office of The Inspector General (OIG) has confirmed that poor documentation and lack of policies and procedures by Doctors of Chiropractic are the leading cause for increased audits. Find out what payors are looking for! Learn about the ins and outs of Medicare, clinic policies and procedures, emergency preparedness, record keeping and documentation to better safeguard your office against audits. Dr. Chris Anderson will present updated material in a manner that is high energy, entertaining, and easy to grasp. You will take away procedures and knowledge that can be applied on Monday morning!
11:45 am - 12:15 pm: Lunch Break - visit Concession stand for traditional ballpark food, beverages, snacks
12:15 pm - 4:00 pm: Government Compliance and HIPAA Cybersecurity in Crisis: Surviving New & Ongoing Regulations, Dr. Ty Talcott
What you need to know about crisis management and required documentation, plus how to avoid crisis-related law suits and more! Dr. Ty will help you to understand crisis management and compliance, review required policies and components of a HIPAA program, clarify HIPAA facts from the last cybersecurity symposium, and create a plan for Emergency mode operations
Full Day, 8 CE DC/CT
- WCA Members: $165 / Students & New DCs: $25
- Nonmembers: $225
AM or PM session ONLY, 4 CE DC/CT
- WCA Members $95 / Students & New DCs $25
- Nonmembers $115
Getting there: https://northwoodsleague.com/madison-mallards/duck-pond-drive-in/
• Tune radio to 89.1 FM for audio and announcements
• Wi-Fi is “spotty.” If you want access to notes, be sure to download or print before you leave home! They will be posted to our CLASS NOTES page: https://wisconsinchiropractic.siteym.com/page/class_notes
• MALLARDS CUSTOMER SERVICE Text 608-561-4229 if you need assistance, have any concerns, or need to leave early. Include your request, car make and model and license plate. Staff will respond accordingly.
• Per Mallards policy, participants must have a mask on when not inside your vehicle. If you do not have a mask we will provide one. As guests of the Mallards, we must adhere to their policies, so please review them carefully, and we appreciate your cooperation.
• Mallards will not allow cars on the outfield if it is raining or the field is very wet.
• If the event is rained out, we will send an email to all participants and post to the CE Calendar page by 5:00 am Thursday https://wisconsinchiropractic.site-ym.com/events/event_list.asp (Rain date is Aug 20)
• If the day is hot you will likely want to run your car’s AC. We recommend you arrive with a full tank of gas.
Morning coffee, snacks, beverages and lunch items will be available for purchase at the Mallards concession stand. Feel free to bring snacks from home.