DOWNLOAD REGISTRATION FORM
This 24-hour education course is taught in 2 12-hour modules and is designed to allow delegation of exercise to chiropractic assistants in compliance with Wisconsin’s Administrative Code. The course includes opportunities for practical applications and a final exam for CTs. We recommend that DCs and their CTs attend together to ensure a common understanding of best practices in exercise rehabilitation. THIS COURSE IS A MUST for following the guidelines adopted for worker’s compensation in Wisconsin, and in general, as all guidelines are requiring aggressive active care implementation.
Learning objectives are as follows:
- Train CTs in the fundamentals of exercise rehabilitation
- Provide chiropractors with practical training in physical exercise rehabilitation
- Enable DCs and their CTs to work effectively as a team to improve patient outcomes
At the conclusion, the attendee will have a working knowledge of the principles, the office set-up, the screening, functional anatomy, kinesiology, exercise procedures, tracking progress, billing options, and integration into the busy chiropractic practice.
Session I will cover scope of practice, basic functional anatomy, principles of physical exercise, indications and contraindications, baseline screening, outcomes and goal-setting, and physical exercise options for core stabilization.
Session II will cover record keeping and reporting, functional anatomy, kinesiology and joint movement, principles of extremity rehabilitation, and Range of Motion exercise options.
Cambria Hotel Madison East, 5045 Eastpark Blvd, Madison, WI 53718, 608-241-7070
Holiday Inn American Pkwy, 5109 W Terrace Dr, Madison, WI 53718, 608-249-4220
Steven G. Yeomans, DC, FACO
practices chiropractic in Wisconsin, and educates on orthopedics, industrial consulting, outcomes assessment and rehabilitation across the continent. He graduated cum laude from National College of Chiropractic, completed a five-year residency in orthopedics and became board certified in 1985. Dr. Yeomans’ Ripon-based practice emphasizes the treatment of orthopedic and sports related injuries.
- EARLY BIRD RATE is valid when you register 10 or more days before the class date.
- CANCELLATION / REFUND POLICY: You may cancel your registration or transfer to a different class without penalty until 10 days before the event. From 2-9 days before an event, cancellations or transfers will incur a $20 administrative fee. NO refunds or changes less than 24 hours before the event starts. For multi-day events, this policy is in effect from day one of the event.
- PRE-REGISTRATION is
recommended for all of our classes. You may register on-site if space
is available. Be sure to check the online CE Calendar for the most
up-to-date information. Payment is due upon registering.
- FOR THOSE RECEIVING FREE CE (Students, New DCs) there is no fee to cancel 10 days before the event. Cancellations or changes 2-9 days before an event will incur a $20 administrative fee. There is a $50 fee for cancellations the day before or the day of an event, and for no-shows.