Download Registration Form
- Module 1 -Sept 27-28, Kalahari Resort, Wisconsin Dells
- Module 2 - Sept 29-30, Kalahari Resort, Wisconsin Dells
- Module 3 - Nov 10-11, Radisson West Madison
- Module 4 - Dec 1-2, Radisson West Madison
Location & Lodging Information
Module 3 & 4 Radisson West Madison, 517 Grand Canyon Dr, Madison, WI 53719
For the weekends of November 10 and December 1, reservations can be made at Radisson West Madison by calling 608-833-0100 and asking for the Wisconsin Chiropractic Association corporate rate, which is $92 - ID27538. If you have any trouble with booking a room at the Radisson, contact Alora Newbury at 608-829-6704 firstname.lastname@example.org and she will take care of you.
Chiropractors are experts in the field of intervertebral subluxation, kinesiopathology, neuropathology, myologic and connective tissue involvement, vascular and inflammatory processes from their anatomic, physiologic and biochemical perspectives and are primary care physicians in the state of Wisconsin. The addition of diet and nutritional components into this vast field of knowledge can supplement and enhance offerings to patients to optimize their health outcomes. Each module in this 4 module course provides essential diet and nutritional information to facilitate nutritional knowledge and confidence in creating effective personalized eating plans and targeted nutrition for patients to expedite their return to health and accomplish disease/dysfunction resolution. Following, are the main topics that are covered in each module.
Module #1 topics covered:
- Vitamin and mineral food sources, recommended daily allowances, signs and symptoms of deficiencies, toxic doses and interactions with medications or other nutrients.
- Heavy metals and micro-elements in the human body. Deficiencies, toxicities, and their impact on health.
- Accessory nutrients, deficiencies and toxicities.
- Macronutrients (carbohydrate, protein, fat), macronutrient balancing for optimal body composition, deficiencies and toxicity.
- Fiber requirements, benefits and individualized prescription and use of various types of fibers for various patient concerns.
Module #2 topics covered:
- Nutrition interview, diet history taking and nutrition physical examination.
- Motivational interviewing.
- Laboratory testing options, analysis and clinical significance of results.
- Codex Alimentarius Commission.
- Dietary supplement health and education act of 1994 and related regulations.
- The efficacy, safety, risks and benefits of glandular products, chelation therapy and therapeutic enzymes.
- Food, drug, and nutraceutical interactions.
- Safety and efficacy – risk and benefits of nutritional supplements.
Module #3 topics covered:
- Organ systems review – etiology of dysfunction.
- Therapeutic use, contraindications, side effects and toxic doses of nutraceutical prescription including botanicals to support patients with various organ system dysfunction.
Module #4 topics covered
- Nutrition across one’s life span.
- Therapeutic use of botanicals.
- Therapeutic use, contraindications, side effects and toxic doses of nutraceuticals
- Weight management and control.
- Exercise prescription.
- Sports nutrition to enhance performance, expedite training recovery and injury rehabilitation for athletes.
Dr. Tricia Paulson is a graduate from the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine. Her undergraduate degree is in Kinesiology from McMaster University, ON, Canada and she holds a diploma in Holistic Nutrition. She is the founder of True Health Naturopathic Medicine. Her practice specializes in lifestyle medicine - providing personalized diet and targeted nutritional protocols specific to the individual’s biochemical uniqueness for optimal health. She is an international speaker, educating other practitioners on effective targeted nutritional protocols for best health outcomes.
Sponsored by Nutri Dyn
Registration Fee Per Module
- Member: $265
- Nonmember: $365
- Subtract $20 when you Register 7 or more days prior to event