Exam 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm Sunday.
Sponsored by: Anabolic Labs
Module 4 will show you how to apply clinical nutrition to the most common health conditions you will see in your patient population over their lifetime, ranging from infancy to the elderly. In addition, we will cover the subjects of weight loss and sports nutrition in great detail. We will review the underlying metabolic imbalances that often prevent people from losing weight as well as how to customize exercise recommendations to maximize body fat loss. In addition, we will review exactly how to develop dietary programs for different classes of athletes and break down important nutritional concepts, including nutrient timing, fuel sources before, during and after workouts/events and how to maximize recovery and performance.
- Sports Nutrition, description of Food, nutrients, Botanicals and supplements
- Endurance nutrients and supplements, mechanism of action
- Body Building and strength, supplements
- Supplements protocols popular by sports enthusiasts
- Botanicals used in Sports
- Herb/Drug interactions
- Herbs/Drugs banned by the USOC
- Nutrition across the lifecycle (Pregnancy and lactation)
- Nutrition across the lifecycle (Pediatric, infant)
- Nutrition across the lifecycle (Adult, Geriatric)
- Male nutrition issues
- Female nutrition issues
David R. Seaman, DC, MS, DABCN, is a Professor of Clinical Sciences in the Chiropractic Medicine program at National University of Health Sciences in Pinellas Park, Florida.
Dr. Seaman has authored a book on clinical nutrition for pain and inflammation, and has written several chapters and articles on this topic. His academic and clinical interest is focused on how pain and symptom/disease expression can be modulated with lifestyle choices and manual/rehabilitative interventions.
If registering for multiple sessions Download Registration Form
First Time WCA Class Registrant? Learn More Here
Certifications, like Chiropractic Nutrition, do not qualify for complimentary CE through WCA's Credit Match program.